The American School in Switzerland (TASIS) is looking for summer program nurses in Lugano, Switzerland. The positions are full time, weekend included and include off hour duties to attend to the health and safety of students.
The Summer Program Nurses report to the Summer Directors and are responsible for the provision of health and wellness to all students, faculty members, and personnel. All tasks are approved by and under the direction of a medical director. Any required invasive procedures—such as intravenous infusion, blood work, and suturing—are performed at a doctor’s office or hospital.
Compensation includes room, board, basic health insurance coverage* and shared vehicle.
From July 7, 2020 to August 10, 2020 weekend included.
*Applicable to all non-Swiss residing people
- Studies/Diploma/Degree in Nursing (Registered Nurse in good standing)
- CPR and First Aid certification
- 3+years of nursing in Pediatrics, Emergency, or a school environment
- general interest in the health and well being of the TASIS community (students, faculty, and staff)
- physical and medical assessment skills and knowledge of medical terminology
- ability to exercise professional judgment in making decisions related to health
- ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with students, parents, administrators, and external health professionals
- good organizational skills and ability to multitask
- basic computing skills
- language skills: English fluency plus basic knowledge of one of the official languages of Switzerland (Italian, French or German) is welcomed
- Swiss or EU passport
If interested please complete the Staff Employment Application Form.