Middle School Math Teacher
Posted 11/22/2019 09:25AM
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics
- Master's Degree Preferred
- Math teaching experience in a public or private setting, including work with highly capable students
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the teaching and learning process, at the middle school level particularly in mathematics.
- Ability to develop conceptual understanding of math with Middle School Students
- Ability to foster a love of math in students
- Ability to nurture respectful relationships with students and parents, must be sensitive to the cultural needs of the population served.
- Demonstrated talent in the instruction of students with varied learning styles and levels of mastery.
- Demonstrated success in effectively solving challenging problems through a positive, collaborative approach.
- Swiss criminal record report no more than 6 months old.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English desirable
- A Current CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Teachers will collaborate with school Academic Dean and Department Head
- Teaches subject area according to curriculum guidelines set forth by the school.
- Further develops and refines a high-level, challenging curriculum in subject area.
- Collaborates with other faculty in the delivery of appropriate instructional approaches, working to serve the various learning styles and needs of students.
- Implements curriculum and instruction in a manner consistent with TASIS mission statement, including understanding, modeling, and fostering independent thinking skills, creative problem solving, and abstract reasoning.
- Assesses student performance frequently and objectively.
- Promotes ethical behavior while in school atmosphere to demonstrate responsible conduct by student and staff.
- Develops a cooperative partnership with parents and students based on mutual respect and objectivity.
- Act as an Advisor for a group of Middle School Students
- Chaperone Academic Travel and Winter Adventure trips
- Salary commensurate with experience and education
- Annual contract
- Status: Full-time-Contract
- Location: Montagnola, Switzerland