TASIS is searching for a dynamic and flexible early childhood educator to lead the Pre-K-3 classroom. The American School in Switzerland is seeking candidates who demonstrate a growth mindset and possess strong verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate would be a team player, organized, and able to embrace cultural differences.
- Plan, teach, evaluate and support students in order to provide a flexible, balanced and developmentally appropriate curriculum experience for 3 and 4 year old children.
- Ability and willingness to differentiate instruction for all students.
- Communicate on a daily, weekly, and monthly schedule with families in order to foster home and school connections.
- Communicate student progress clearly and effectively to parents and faculty through emails, meetings and formal student reports.
- Instrumental in admissions by welcoming families, participating in open houses and other school events to promote TASIS.
Summary of education background and professional experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education/Early Childhood (Required)
- Master’s Degree (Preferred)
- Relevant teaching experience in an accredited school (Preferred)
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and safety training (Required)
- Able to understand, articulate and put into practice current developmentally appropriate practices in Early Childhood education.
- Positive attitude and eager to work collaboratively with colleagues in developing curriculum and planning for instruction.
- A desire to respond to and initiate the solving of problems through clear and open conversation.
- Desire and enthusiasm to work together as a unified teaching team with all Early Childhood professionals.
- Demonstrate a proactive and dynamic teaching style.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of TASIS.