Second-grade students decided to color the Hadsall fence with chalk this week “to make it pretty for visitors!"
The noblest art is that of making others happy.
– P.T. Barnum
|Tuesday, March 12||TPA Potluck|
|Friday, March 15||Open House at Al Focolare|
|Wednesday, March 20||TASIS Speaker Series: Mark Trodden (parents welcome to attend)|
|Friday, March 22–Monday, March 25||IB Visual Arts Exhibition|
|Tuesday, April 2||Grades 5 and 8: Shadow Day|
|Friday, March 29–Sunday, March 31||HS Spring Musical: The Pirates of Penzance|
|Saturday, April 6||Easter Egg Hunt and Lunch|
|Saturday, April 13–Sunday, April 28||All-School Spring Holiday|
|Tuesday, April 30||Grade 5: Pizza and Movie Night|
|Thursday, May 16–Sunday, May 19||Spring Arts Festival|
|Friday, May 17—Sunday, May 19||MS Spring Musical|
|Tuesday, May 28–Wednesday, May 29||ES Spring Musical|
|Saturday, June 1||HS Graduation|
|Thursday, June 6||ES Moving-Up Ceremony|
Open House at Al Focolare Next Friday
We will host an Open House at Al Focolare (Via Bora da Besa 9 in Gentilino) on Friday, March 15, from 9:00 to 11:00. All are welcome to come and learn more about the TASIS Early Childhood Program, and please help us spread the word if you have any friends who may be interested!
The Open House program will begin promptly at 9:00 AM and will include the following elements:
- Welcome from Christopher Nikoloff, TASIS Headmaster
- Description of the Pre-Kindergarten 3-year-old and 4-year-old programs from Carol Hinchliff, Early Childhood Coordinator
- Highlights of the TASIS Elementary School program from Tim Fitzgerald, Lower School Head
- Highlights of the Italian Section
- Tour of Al Focolare facilities
- Tour of main TASIS campus
Questions about the Open House or general inquiries about TASIS may be directed to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or +41 91 960 51 51.
TPA Potluck on March 12
The TASIS Parent Association (TPA) invites all parents to its next Potluck on Tuesday, March 12, at the home of Stefania Rovelli. The TPA is sponsoring a bus service to and from the event. The bus will leave at 11:30 from Centro Ricreativo in Collina d'Oro and return at 15:00.
To RSVP, please complete this Google Form no later than Sunday, March 10.
Spring Usborne Book Fair Next Week
At the end of next week, the ES Library will host its annual Spring Usborne Book Fair. I would like to extend a warm welcome to all parents to attend the fair. Please see the dates and times below:
- Thursday, March 14: Upper Lobby of the Palmer Center from 12:30–17:00
- Friday, March 15: Upper Lobby of the Palmer Center from 8:00–17:00
Please note the change of venue for this year’s fair. Parents are welcome to come any time during the hours listed above, and homeroom teachers will bring their classes to the fair for a 30-minute block. While there, students will be able to purchase books directly or order them for later delivery. Here is how it works:
- Children who bring money to school
- These children may select their books and make a direct payment. Some books may not be available upon purchase. These will be prepaid for and ordered. They will be delivered to the ES Library within 2–3 weeks.
- Children who do not bring money to school
- They may create a wish list (on a blue sheet of paper received at the fair) that will be sent home the same day. If parents approve of the book choices, students are asked to bring the correct amount of money (in Swiss Francs) the following day to give to their teachers, who will then pass it on to me. The books will be ordered and delivered to the ES Library within 2–3 weeks.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com. Many thanks for your support, and I look forward to seeing you at the fair.
See more rehearsal photos on the TASIS SmugMug page.
Reserve Your Seats Now for the HS Musical
Rehearsals are in full swing for this year’s High School Musical, The Pirates of Penzance, which will premiere in the Palmer Center on Friday, March 29, at 19:30. Additional shows will be performed in the Palmer Center on Saturday, March 30, at 19:30 and on Sunday, March 31, at 14:30.
Reserve your seats at tasis.ch/penzance before it’s too late!
An Important Note About Food Safety at TASIS
Each year we have a number of food exhibitions on campus (International Week brunch, Halloween brunch, bake sales, etc.), and the School very much appreciates your willingness to prepare delicious food for these popular events. Your generosity contributes so much to our community!
As food allergies and intolerances become increasingly common, we would like to make you aware of a few steps we’re taking to help protect our community. We kindly request that you review the following guidelines before preparing any food that will be shared on the TASIS campus:
- Please review this document: Five Keys to Safer Food.
- We are sure that you follow these guidelines already, but a reminder never hurts!
- Please consult this document: Substances that may cause allergies or other undesirable reactions.
- If the dish you plan to bring to campus contains any of the ingredients listed, please print the document and circle the items accordingly.
- If you do not have access to a printer, please make sure you let the person in charge of the event know which ingredients your dish contains when you drop it off. We will have extra copies of this document available and will help you label it accordingly.
Thank you very much for your help and understanding as we do all we can to ensure a safe experience for our community!
The TASIS Dining Services Team