Technology will never replace great teachers, but technology in the hands of great teachers is transformational.
- George Couros
|Friday, November 30||TPA Holiday Market and Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony|
|Tuesday, December 4||ES Parent Coffee to Meet Mr. Tim Fitzgerald|
|Thursday, December 6||TPA Teacher and Staff Appreciation Panettone|
|Sunday, December 9||All-School Christmas Service|
|Tuesday, December 11||Institutional Update from the Headmaster|
|Friday, December 14||
ES Parent Coffee to Meet Mr. Tim Fitzgerald on December 4
There will be an ES Parent Coffee on Tuesday, December 4, in Casa Fleming from 8:30–9:30. The purpose of this meeting will be to provide parents an opportunity to meet Mr. Tim Fitzgerald, who will now be overseeing grades Pre-Kindergarten through 8. Mr. Fitzgerald will also be available to answer any questions parents have.
Institutional Update from the Headmaster on December 11
As we head into the holiday season, Headmaster Christopher Nikoloff would like to provide his annual institutional update on the strategic directions and initiatives of the School. Given that TASIS is entering its accreditation cycle, this will be an opportunity to provide updates on, among other topics, the School’s academic, student life, and campus initiatives. Parents will have a chance to provide feedback and ask questions following Mr. Nikoloff’s presentation.
This event will take place in the Palmer Center on Tuesday, December 11. Refreshments will be served at 18:30, and the presentation will begin at 19:00. The presentation will be filmed and shared with all parents afterward.
TPA Holiday Market and Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony This Afternoon
All members of the community and their guests are invited to open the holiday season with the TPA on the TASIS campus this afternoon. The TPA Holiday Market will be open from 16:00–18:30, and the Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony will begin at 16:30. A valet parking service will be available in the main campus parking lot from 16:00–19:00. Please note that no cars will be allowed into the parking lot until the buses depart at 16:00.
- Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony: Beginning at 16:30, this annual event will be hosted by Mr. Nikoloff with music provided by the TASIS choir.
- Service Learning Program Fundraiser: High School students will be selling crafts, baked goods, holiday treats, and other delicious food at booths on the outdoor basketball court from 15:30–18:30. All proceeds will support TASIS service-learning groups and their partner organizations.
- Winter Village: Beginning at 16:45, Elementary School students will be invited inside the Winter Village in the Palmer Center to enjoy holiday crafts. Admission into the Winter Village is CHF 15 per child.
- Panettone Booth: The TPA will be selling panettone during the Holiday Market, and all proceeds from the sale will go to the Service Learning Program.
- Used Uniform Sale: This sale will be open to all divisions in the Palmer Center lobby.
All-School Christmas Service: Rehearsal and Performance Schedule
This is a reminder that the Christmas Service rehearsal and performance details outlined below only apply to students who have been informed by their music teachers that they will be performing in this year’s service at the church of San Nicolao della Flüe. This item is to serve as a reminder to these students and their families.
Rehearsal Schedule: Wednesday, December 5
There will be a mandatory rehearsal for all students participating in the service at the church of San Nicolao della Flüe on Wednesday, December 5. Please take note of the following details:
- ES Choir students will leave campus at 12:30 and will return to campus by 14:15 in time for their after-school activities and shuttles home.
- MS students (including all first-semester music students and the MS Choir) will leave campus at 12:45 and will return to campus by 14:30 in time for their final class and shuttles home. An alternate schedule for this day will be distributed to students closer to the day of the rehearsal.
- HS choral and instrumental students will leave campus at 12:45. They will continue rehearsing with the orchestra until 16:00 and will return to school by 16:15. HS recreational sports are canceled for that afternoon. HS Day students who wish to return home directly from the church must obtain permission from their parents, who must advise both High School Music Director Ms. Forrest and High School Dean of Students Mr. McKee.
- Buses and chaperones will be coordinated by the relevant division heads and Shuttle Coordinator Svetlana Koreshkova.
Christmas Service Schedule for Performers: Sunday, December 9
|12:30||Students must be in the main TASIS parking lot.|
|12:45||All participants—singers, musicians, and readers—will be taken by bus from TASIS to the San Nicolao Church.|
|13:15–15:00||Final rehearsal in the church|
|16:30||Dismissal for all students except for performers|
|16:30–17:00||Reception in the Reception Hall following the service for parents, friends, and performers|
|17:15||Dismissal from the church (performers return to campus by 17:30)|
Please contact your divisional music teacher with any questions or concerns.
Thank you, and happy holidays!
ES Christmas Concert on December 14
Please join us in the Palestra at 11:00 on Friday, December 14, for the always-popular Elementary School Christmas Concert. Ms. Melody and her talented students look forward to showing off all they’ve learned this semester!
Dressing For Winter
Please note that even as the days get colder, we will continue to have playtime outside. Students should now be coming to school dressed in clothes that are appropriate for the winter months: long pants/tights, a warm jacket, warm shoes, gloves, and a hat.
TPA Appreciation Panettone on December 6
Any parents who would like to volunteer to help serve panettone at the Teacher and Staff Appreciation Panettone on Thursday, December 6, can sign up by sending an email to email@example.com. This event will take place at the following locations and times:
- De Nobili: 9:00–10:00
- Casa Fleming: 14:00–17:00
- Focolare: 14:00–15:30
Movember at TASIS
For the past six Novembers, a group of TASIS men has grown mustaches and created a music video in support of Movember, a global awareness and fundraising campaign designed to address major health issues faced by men.
Enjoy the latest excellent video above, and please visit the TASIS Mo Space if you would like to contribute to the campaign. Thank you for your support!