The mission of the PSC is to promote open communication between parents, teachers, and school administrators.
The primary objective of the PSC is to create an open dialogue between parent representatives and the School. It also is a platform for communicating families/parents feedback and common concerns and issues about academics, School events, trips, and initiatives. In this way, parents and the School administration work together on solutions for these and other issues.
There is a separate PSC for each division: Elementary School (ES), Middle School (MS), and High School (HS). Each of these committees comprises parents representing the American and Italian sections, different nationalities, multiple languages, and all grades.
Each division-level committee meets regularly with its respective School administrators to discuss and find solutions about topics and issues brought forth by parents during the school year. Each committee has a maximum of eight PSC members, including a PSC Coordinator selected by the TPA and the TASIS administration.
PSC meeting are scheduled with the faculty and the Headmaster four times per year. Each PSC Coordinator sets up meeting dates with the administration before the end of the School year.
Each PSC committee has a one-hour meeting with the following
- Lower School Head, and Head of MS Student Affairs, Head of HS Academics, Head of HS Student Life, and Italian Section Coordinator (ES and MS)
- If relevant, other school leaders and employees deemed appropriate by the Headmaster
- Director of the Learning Resource Center
Each PSC Coordinator shares agenda points at least 24 hours before the meeting and minutes after the meeting with the administration for approval.
Minutes will be written in the same format for all divisions and highlights will be added to Weekly Bulletins. PSC members communicate regularly during the year to stay aligned on the shared vision of PSC.
To get involved in the PSC, please contact the relevant PSC Coordinator or email@example.com.
2022–2023 PSC Members
PSC Leader: Muriel Aciman
6th Grade: Barbara Zen and Carolin Engelhorn Badaracco
7th Grade: Melany Tekock and Silvia Rossi
8th Grade: Manuela Cerra and Lucy DeBustis
9th Grade: Ana Costa Felix and Laura Colombo
10th Grade: Angelika Camargo and Muriel Aciman
11th Grade: Marianne Odfjell and Irache Villada
12th Grade: Linda Lopes and Jennifer Zanarini
HS Boarding: Maria Svourenos
Volunteer to be a Room Parent
- Act as a representative of your classroom communicating with parents, class teacher, and TPA.
- Create a WhatsApp group chat as the main channel of communicating.
- Support classroom teacher and students with class activities/events by finding volunteers among parents.
- Help find and organize volunteers for TPA events such as Holloween, Christmas, Easter, student book swaps, bake sales, etc.
- Create moments where parents can meet and get to know each other, building community through social meetings, coffees, outings, lunches, etc.
- Work closely with ES Coordinator and Parent Support Committee (PSC) Head, acting as a channel of communications between TPA and the School.
- Communicate parent concerns and needs that are academic in nature or related to school administration initiatives to PSC.
- Communicate ideas and work together with ES Coordinator for all social events.
- Attend necessary meetings with division heads and/or school administration.