The majority of students attending the TASIS Summer Programs live on campus, and life in a boarding school is very different from that at a day school. Not only does the School act in loco parentis (i.e., as a parent and guardian), but the smooth running of a small community also requires certain rules and guidelines. In order for the community to function smoothly, effectively, and happily, each member must understand and abide by certain structures and expectations. Arriving at class or dormitory on time, treating fellow students and teachers politely and respectfully, and using appropriate language are all examples of the kind of informal expectations during the programs. Smoking, drinking, and stealing are serious offenses, and infractions involving any of these will inevitably entail serious consequences. For the most part, students attending TASIS summer programs come here to learn, to enjoy themselves, to make new friends, and to have new experiences.
Fortunately, there are rarely any serious infractions of major rules. The School’s expectations are based on the need for mutual trust and respect. In the interest of maintaining a high standard for the quality of life in our community, we strictly enforce all specific rules and regulations.
Students and parents should be aware that any infringement of the following rules may lead to immediate suspension or dismissal of the student(s) concerned. The Director of each program is responsible for all disciplinary decisions. Parents are reminded that there is no reduction or refund for suspension, withdrawal, or dismissal. Major program expectations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Integrity: Students are expected to act responsibly. Stealing, lying, cheating, vandalism, and malicious mischief are serious offenses. In any such cases, disciplinary action will occur and payment for damages will be charged.
- Respect: Students are expected to be polite to each other and to their teachers and counselors. Anti-social behavior, insolence, disobedience, or any form of hazing, bullying, harassment (racial, ethnic, religious, physical, etc.) will be treated seriously and may result in disciplinary action up to and including dismissal.
- Appearance: Students are expected to wear neat, clean, and appropriate clothes. Ripped jeans, excessively short shorts, crop tops, and T-shirts or other apparel with sexually suggestive sayings or inappropriate language are not permitted.
- Alcohol: Possession or consumption by students of alcoholic beverages, including beer and wine, is strictly forbidden. Students violating this expectation are subject to serious disciplinary action. Program Directors reserve the right to test for alcohol.
- Smoking: Smoking, using smokeless tobacco (chewing tobacco, snuff, etc.), and vaping are strictly forbidden, regardless of age. Because of fire safety concerns, smoking in a dormitory is an especially serious offense and will result in a student’s dismissal.
- Mixed Company: Boys are not permitted in areas designated for girls only, and vice versa.
- Drugs: TASIS is strongly intolerant of substance abuse. The use or possession of any illegal drug or drug-related paraphernalia will lead to immediate dismissal. Students are required to register all prescription drugs and medicines with the nurse immediately upon arrival. Program Directors reserve the right to test for drugs.
TASIS reserves the right to dismiss at any time a student who, in the School’s opinion, is an unsatisfactory member of the School community. If in the School’s judgment a student’s conduct on or away from campus indicates that he or she is consistently out of sympathy with the ideals, objectives, and programs of TASIS, parents will be required to withdraw the student, even though there may be no infraction of a specific rule. In case of dismissal of a student, his or her return home will be arranged at the family’s expense. A more comprehensive list of rules specific to each program will be sent upon enrollment, along with clothing lists, travel, medical, and permission forms.
Payment and Acceptance Terms
Please note that once an acceptance has been confirmed, we will send instructions on how to enroll and how to submit the CHF 1500 enrollment deposit.
Admission is granted on a rolling basis until programs are fully subscribed. Applicants are enrolled only when all materials are received, including a deposit of CHF 1500. Acceptance and entrance constitute a contract to pay the entire tuition for the enrolled period. Please note that there is no reduction or refund for absence, withdrawal, or dismissal and deposits are not refundable.
The balance of tuition is due by May 15 (1st Session) or by June 15 (2nd Session). If a student enrolls for either session after these dates, the full tuition payment is due within seven days of the date the invoice is received.
Boarding student fees include room and board, tuition, excursions, books, laundry, and accident/health insurance. Day student fees include tuition, books, excursions, and meals. Day students who are not residents of Switzerland can apply for TASIS Health and Accident Insurance upon request and will be covered during their stay on campus. Fees do not cover personal spending money, medical and accident expenses not covered by the health and accident insurance, or travel expenses. All programs are age-appropriate.
Our policy is to place students by age only. Acceptance will be confirmed upon receipt of the CHF 1,500 deposit, the application, the recommendation and health forms, and a photocopy of the student’s passport.
Enrollment in the School constitutes a contract to pay the entire tuition for the enrolled period. This contract is binding only with the expressed acceptance of the School. The application constitutes a binding offer by law.
There is no reduction or refund for absence, withdrawal, or dismissal. Deposits are not refundable. The balance of the tuition fee is due by May 15 for the first session and by June 15 for the second session.
We employ professional photographers each summer, and they take thousands of photos of our students in action. Signing this enrollment agreement indicates that you consent to TASIS potentially using these photographs for promotional purposes, including in printed TASIS publications, on the TASIS website, and on TASIS social media platforms. If you do not want your child to be photographed, please inform our Summer Admissions office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pursuant to our Security Policy, we have implemented video surveillance on campus. Surveillance cameras are used to provide for the safety of students, staff, and visitors and to protect school property against theft or vandalism.
By checking the box below, you are indicating that both the student and parents/guardians have read the terms and conditions stated on this form and agree to be legally bound by them.
This agreement is governed by Swiss law as applied by the competent Court in Lugano (Switzerland).