Bring Your Own Device FAQ
The following information will help you understand more about our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program. Please take a few moments to read through each response.
For more general information about TASIS technology use, please visit the Learning Technologies page. Additionally, all students are expected to follow our guidelines for the Responsible Use of Technology, which can be found in the Student Handbook.
- Why is TASIS requiring students to bring their own devices?
- Which device should students use?
- Can students just use a smartphone?
- Can my student opt out of the BYOD program?
- Will students be using computers every day, all day long? Don’t they need a break from technology?
- How can we purchase a new computer in Switzerland?
- What accessories should we bring?
- Should students have their own Apple IDs?
- How do students get the apps they need?
- Can students have non-academic apps on their computers?
- How should students manage storage space for personal and school use?
- Who will back up student computers?
- What happens if a computer is stolen or damaged?
- What if students forget their computers at home or if the computer is out being repaired?
- How should students manage charging their computers?
- Will students be able to print?
- I have more questions. Who can I contact to get them answered?