Academic classes for the 2019–2020 Academic Year at TASIS The American School in Switzerland began on the morning of Monday, September 2. Below is a look at this year's student body by the numbers.
- The Elementary School (grades Pre-Kindergarten through five) opened with 185 students, the Middle School (grades six through eight) with 120 students, and the High School (grades nine through postgraduate) with 407 students.
- 193 students are new to TASIS.
- 516 students are returning to the School, representing a strong retention rate of 85% percent.
- The Class of 2020 is larger than last year's graduating class (111 compared to 103).
- 51% percent of all Middle School and High School students reside in dormitories on campus.
- 54 nationalities are represented in the student body (see the full list below).
- 36 different languages are spoken as a mother tongue (see the full list below).
- The ten nations most represented in the TASIS student body are, in alphabetical order, Brazil, China, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- Jordan, Luxembourg, and Saudi Arabia are new nations represented in this year's student body.
|Brazil||Japan||Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Czech Republic||Malta||United Kingdom|
Languages spoken as a mother tongue